Saab rolled out the first GlobalEye Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) aircraft at its Linköping site, Sweden. GlobalEye is an advanced, swing role airborne surveillance system based on a Global 6000 jet aircraft from Bombardier, which has undergone a thorough modification programme to adapt it for its role. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 25 Feb 2018 | Section: Specials
The Italian Air Force exercise Vega 2017, the air operations component of the exercise Joint Stars 2017 (JS17), Italy's largest national defense exercise event of 2017, took place from October 16 until 26. Vega 2017 involved several Aeronautica Militare (Italian Air Force) air bases, including Trapani-Birgi where most the participating aircraft were deployed.
VEGA 2017 Photo Report Trapani
- 03 Mar - Updated: HAF 117 Combat Wing - The Phantoms of Andravida
- 25 Feb - Added: Exercise VEGA 2017 Trapani-Birgi
- 28 Jan - Added: Nellis AFB Aviation Nation 2017
- 29 Dec - Added: Canadian International Air Show 2017
- 10 Dec - Updated: US Navy Blue Angels airshows schedule 2018
- 10 Dec - Updated: USAF Thunderbirds airshows schedule 2018
- 27 Nov - Added: Exercise BLUE FLAG 2017 Israel
- 26 Nov - Added: Bright Armoured 2017 Helicopter Task Group
- 05 Nov - Added: Spanish Naval Aviation Centennial
- 22 Oct - Added: Athens Flying Week 2017 Air Show
Added: 28 Jan 2018 | Section: Airshows
The Nellis AFB Open House and Air Show celebrated the U.S. Air Force's 70th Anniversary, but also commemorated the Oct 1 2017 Las Vegas shooting.
Air Show photo report focused on the USAF Warfighters, including the F-35A Lightning II, with bonus photos of the A-10s at the Rainbow / Star Wars Canyon.
Nellis AFB Air Show 2017 : USAF 70th Anniversary
- 21-25 Mar - Balloons over Waikato - New Zealand
- 24 Mar - Riverside Airshow - CA, United States
- 24 Mar - Falcon Field Airport Open House - AZ, United States
- 24 Mar - Cross City Airport Fly In - FL, United States
- 24-25 Mar - Wings Over South Texas - TX, United States
- 24-25 Mar - Los Angeles County Air Show - CA, United States
- 24-25 Mar - Melbourne Air & Space Show - FL, United States
- 25 Mar - Warbirds Over Scone - Australia
- 30 Mar / 01 Apr - Warbirds Over Wanaka 2018 - New Zealand
- 01 Apr - Stow Maries RAF100 Celebration - United Kingdom
Air Shows Europe 2018 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2018 updated Air Shows Rest of the World 2018 updated
- 04 Mar - USMC prepares for F-35B maiden operational embarkation
- 01 Mar - Boeing Receives U.S. Navy Contract to Modernize F/A-18 Super Hornet Fleet
- 23 Feb - Saab rolled out first GlobalEye AEW&C
- 22 Feb - Russian Su-57 fifth-gen fighter prototypes touch down in Syria
- 21 Feb - JB San Antonio-Randolph preferred location for first T-X aircraft
- 20 Feb - US clears RNLAF for $1.19b Apache upgrade deal
- 20 Feb - First Sikorsky HH-60W Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly
- 12 Feb - USAF plans to consolidate bomber fleet to B-21 and B-52
- 19 Jan - A-10 returns as a single-ship demonstration
- 14 Jan - First Tiger HAD retrofit delivered to the French Army Aviation
Added: 05 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
The naval aviation arm of the Spanish Navy celebrated its 100 year anniversary in September 2017 at the naval base of Rota. The Flotilla de Aeronaves presented its helicopters and AV-8 Harriers during the parade and during the beachfront air display.
Centenario de la Aviación Naval Española
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special