NSA BAHRAIN, Bahrain (NNS) -- The Marine Corps F-35B, Lightning II, conducted its first combat strike in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel in Afghanistan, Sept. 27. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 23 Nov 2018 | Section: Airshows
In May 2018, the annual "Helicopter Picnic" held by the 56.BLot Inowrocław-Latkowo provided a perfect opportunity to see the Polish Army Aviation assault helicopters; W-3PL Sokols, Mi-24V Hinds, and a good number of Mi-2URP(G) Hoplites.
Polish Assault Helicopters on display
- 23 Nov - Added: Inowrocław Helicopter Picnic 2018
- 12 Nov - Added: Athens Flying Week 2018 Air Show
- 27 Oct - Added: Baltic Air Policing RDAF F-16s at Šiauliai
- 07 Oct - Added: NORAD 60 Years CF-18 Demo 2018
- 27 Sep - Added: BAF Days 2018 - Kleine Brogel
- 23 Sep - Added: Bray Air Display 2018
- 02 Sep - Added: The Great New England Air Show 2018
- 01 Sep - Added: Luke AFB Air Show 2018
- 26 Aug - Added: Texel Airshow 2018 - Texel Airport, the Netherlands
- 15 Aug - Added: Quatorze Juillet - Paris Air Parade staging base Évreux
Added: 12 Nov 2018 | Section: Airshows
On September 22-23, the Athens Flying Week 2018 international air show took place at Tanagra Air Base. The Hellenic Air Force, Army and Navy again presented the majority of the air displays; this year including a HAF Super Puma CSAR demo.
AFW 2018 Air Show Report
- 28-29 Dec - Shuttleworth Engineering Open Weekend - United Kingdom
- 10-13 Jan 2019 - Havasu Balloon Festival & Fair - AZ, United States
- 12-13 Jan 2019 - Great Eastern Fly-In - Australia
- 19 Jan 2019 - Imperial Aviation Day - CA, United States
- 23-26 Jan 2019 - US Sport Aviation Expo - FL, United States
- 09-10 Feb 2019 - Buckeye Air Fair - AZ, United States
- 17 Feb 2019 - Stars & Stripes Air Show Spectacular - TX, United States
- 20-24 Feb 2019 - Aero India 2019 - India
- 22-24 Feb 2019 - Wings over Wairarapa - New Zealand
- 23 Feb 2019 - Planes, Trains & Automobiles - FL, United States
Air Shows Europe 2019 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2019 updated Air Shows Rest of the World 2019 updated
- 22 Nov - Serbia receives first out of nine H145Ms
- 19 Nov - F-35B first-of-class flight tests from Queen Elizabeth complete
- 19 Nov - F-35A combat power exercise conducted at Hill AFB
- 15 Nov - Bahrain confirms purchase of 12 AH-1Z Vipers
- 15 Nov - Massive F-35 deal covers production into 2023
- 12 Nov - F3-R-standard Rafale gains French approval
- 08 Nov - Eurofighter fleet passes 500,000 flying hours
- 28 Sep - Fighter jets join forces with British aircraft carrier to make history
- 28 Sep - F-35 suffers first crash in South Carolina
- 28 Sep - Lockheed Martin F-35A price dips below $90m for first time
Added: 27 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
Report on the Israeli Air Force hosted multi-national exercise Blue Flag 2017, which included participating by 8 air forces and some 70 aircraft. European fighters and fighter-bombers joined the F-15 Baz, F-16 Barak and F-16I Soufa of Israel, all deployed at Ovda airbase.
BLUE FLAG 2017 Exercise Photo Report
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special