NSA BAHRAIN, Bahrain (NNS) -- The Marine Corps F-35B, Lightning II, conducted its first combat strike in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel in Afghanistan, Sept. 27. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 07 Mar 2019 | Section: Airshows
Report from the 2018 Houston air show held at Ellington Field. The USN Blue Angels headlined the CAF show that included WWII warbirds, Vietnam-era aircraft including the A-1 Skyraider, F-100 Super Sabre and F-4 Phantom, plus some interesting visitors.
Wings Over Houston Air Show Report
- 07 Mar - Added: Wings Over Houston 2018
- 07 Mar - Added: Wings Over Dallas 2018
- 18 Jan - Added: USAF F-22 Heritage Flight airshows schedule 2019
- 18 Jan - Added: USAF F-22 Raptor Demo Team airshows schedule 2019
- 18 Jan - Added: USAF F-35A Lightning II Demo Team airshows schedule 2019
- 12 Jan - Added: CLEAR SKY 2018 – F-15 Eagles in Ukraine
- 08 Jan - Added: Canadian Snowbirds airshows schedule 2019
- 08 Jan - Added: CF-18 Hornet Demo airshows schedule 2019
- 30 Dec - Added: USN Blue Angels airshows schedule 2020
- 30 Dec - Added: USN Blue Angels airshows schedule 2019
Added: 07 Mar 2019 | Section: Airshows
Photo report from the 2018 Wings over Dallas WWII Airshow by the Commemorative Air Force. Besides the warbirds including B-17, B-24, B-25, A-26, B-29 bombers, the show included a WWII armor display and Airborne jump involving multiple C-47s.
Wings Over Dallas Air Show Report
- 22-24 Mar - AAAA National Fly-in - Australia
- 23 Mar - Pakistan Day parade - Pakistan
- 23-24 Mar - Thunder and Lightning over Arizona - AZ, United States
- 23-24 Mar - California International Airshow - CA, United States
- 26-30 Mar - LIMA '19 - Langkawi International Maritime &… - Malaysia
- 30-31 Mar - NAS Key West Southernmost Air Spectacular - FL, United States
- 30-31 Mar - Travis AFB Open House & Air Show - CA, United States
- 30-31 Mar - Melbourne Air & Space Show - FL, United States
- 02-07 Apr - Sun'n Fun Fly-In - FL, United States
- 06 Apr - Conroe Texas Raiders & Friends - TX, United States
Air Shows Europe 2019 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2019 updated Air Shows Rest of the World 2019 updated
- 21 Feb - Royal Air Force Chief of the Air Staff takes final Tornado flight over Scotland
- 18 Feb - Britain to celebrate iconic Tornado during farewell flypast
- 07 Feb - Red Arrows' North American displays revealed
- 04 Feb - The end of an era: RAF Tornado returns from Operations for the last time
- 24 Jan - Royal Air Force Commemorates Iconic Tornado Fast Jet
- 07 Jan - Serbia resumes G-4 Super Galeb upgrade
- 03 Jan - Modernised Tu-22M3M makes flight debut
- 03 Jan - Boeing to Modernize Entire Spanish Chinook Helicopter Fleet
- 21 Dec '18 - Leonardo flies first production-standard M-345
- 18 Dec '18 - Tokyo set to become second biggest F-35 operator
Added: 27 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
Report on the Israeli Air Force hosted multi-national exercise Blue Flag 2017, which included participating by 8 air forces and some 70 aircraft. European fighters and fighter-bombers joined the F-15 Baz, F-16 Barak and F-16I Soufa of Israel, all deployed at Ovda airbase.
BLUE FLAG 2017 Exercise Photo Report
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special