As the youngest branch of the Armed Forces, the U.S. Air Force, celebrated its 70th birthday, the 4th Fighter Wing celebrated its 75th anniversary with a weekend of celebratory events and ceremonies. Read Full Story
MILAVIA - For All Military Aviation Fans
MILAVIA is dedicated to military aviation. We offer a broad range of military aviation related content for the aviation fan.
- The Air Shows section provides the airshow calendar and air show reports with photos of the flying displays.
- The Aircraft directory focuses on modern combat aircraft; fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers in past and present service.
- The Air Forces section provides focus articles on some rarely covered air arms.
- The Specials section has various military aviation articles and photo reports covering exercises, units, and more.
- And there is much more! Enjoy!
Added: 27 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
Report on the Israeli Air Force hosted multi-national exercise Blue Flag 2017, which included participating by 8 air forces and some 70 aircraft. European fighters and fighter-bombers joined the F-15 Baz, F-16 Barak and F-16I Soufa of Israel, all deployed at Ovda airbase.
BLUE FLAG 2017 Exercise Photo Report
- 10 Dec - Updated: US Navy Blue Angels airshows schedule 2018
- 10 Dec - Updated: USAF Thunderbirds airshows schedule 2018
- 27 Nov - Added: Exercise BLUE FLAG 2017 Israel
- 26 Nov - Added: Bright Armoured 2017 Helicopter Task Group
- 05 Nov - Added: Spanish Naval Aviation Centennial
- 22 Oct - Added: Athens Flying Week 2017 Air Show
- 29 Sep - Added: Westfield-Barnes Air Show 2017
- 25 Sep - Added: ARMY-2017 Military-Technical Forum Russia
- 21 Sep - Added: RCAF Colours Presentation 2017
- 01 Sep - Added: Barrie Air Show 2017
Added: 22 Oct 2017 | Section: Airshows
Photo report from the 2017 Athens Flying Week air show at Tanagra air base, Greece, featuring Hellenic Armed Forces aircraft demonstrations. From abroad the RAF Red Arrows, Polish Air Force Team Iskry, MiG-29, F-16 Tiger demo, and the Egyptian Air Force Silver Stars flying the K-8W.
AFW 2017 Air Show - Tanagra Air Base, Greece
- 06-07 Jan 2018 - Great Eastern Fly-In - Australia
- 13 Jan 2018 - Imperial Aviation Day - CA, United States
- 17-20 Jan 2018 - Kuwait Aviation Show - Kuwait
- 19-21 Jan 2018 - Havasu Balloon Festival & Fair - AZ, United States
- 20 Jan 2018 - Classics of the Sky Tauranga City Airshow - New Zealand
- 24-27 Jan 2018 - US Sport Aviation Expo - FL, United States
- 26-28 Jan 2018 - Festival Aéreo de Villarrica - Chile
- 27-28 Jan 2018 - Show Aéreo Ilopango 2018 - El Salvador
- 02-03 Feb 2018 - Red Bull Air Race - United Arab Emirates
- 03 Feb 2018 - Buckeye Air Fair - AZ, United States
Air Shows Europe 2018 updated Air Shows US & Canada 2018 updated Air Shows Rest of the World 2018 updated
- 04 Dec - RCAF announces pilot and theme for 2018 CF-18 Demonstration Team
- 06 Nov - International Allies Receive F-35 Full Mission Simulators
- 06 Nov - Norway Receives First Three F-35s
- 06 Nov - 339 Mira disbands at Andravida
- 05 Nov - Montenegrin military modernisation includes Bell 412EPI helicopters
- 05 Nov - Dubai Airshow flying display announced
- 03 Nov - F-35 Detachment Arrives in Okinawa
- 02 Nov - Chile eyes F-16 upgrades, new AESA radars
- 02 Nov - New long-range missile project emerges in US budget
- 01 Nov - Czech Republic shortlists UH-1Y and AW139 for helicopter acquisition
Added: 05 Nov 2017 | Section: Specials
The naval aviation arm of the Spanish Navy celebrated its 100 year anniversary in September 2017 at the naval base of Rota. The Flotilla de Aeronaves presented its helicopters and AV-8 Harriers during the parade and during the beachfront air display.
Centenario de la Aviación Naval Española
Added: 14 May 2017 | Section: Specials
On May 5th, 2017, the official retirement ceremony of the Hellenic Air Force RF-4E Phantom II took place at Larissa air base. Along with the aircraft, the 348th TRS ceased operations indefinitely after 64 years of service. It was the end of the last Recce Phantoms remaining in Europe, the last Recce Phantoms of NATO. The end of the film!
HAF RF-4E Recce Phantom Special